Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Forgiveness

I try not to go back and touch on subjects that I have wrote about before but sometimes I think we all can afford a refresher. I am one that can not 100% forgive a person for wrong doings and I know that the bible speaks of forgive as God shall forgive you but let me explain. I say I forgive but I don't forget and by not forgetting then I'm not totally forgiving. So often these days that has come to haunt so many people because grudges are being held and death takes away life then it's too late. One of the parties is gone. Going back to 2001 my mother and her neighbor had a very bad falling out. As the ambulance wheeled my mother out of her home her neighbor was standing upstairs looking down but neither mumbled a word to each other. Neither one of them knew that would be the last time they saw each other. Her neighbor said to me after getting word of her passing that she was sorry and that they both were too old to be feuding like they were but again it was too late for sorry. The moral of my blog today is not only to help you but to help myself. Right now I do hold ill feelings towards a few people but my reasons reflect around my kids and theres that one person who caused me more hurt than they will ever know. I was damaged mentally so for their forgiveness from me I have to pray hard.....real hard. For you my friends I'm quite sure there is that one person that you fell out with over he say she say I say you say or just something very petty, end it now. If it's nothing but an email, text, phone call or letter let that person know that you are willing to be the bigger person and let the past be of the past. I'm not saying that you have to be best buds or what have you but just don't let today go by without making amends. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone and it's a pain like no other to carry on once that person is gone. Ask me how I know........because I still ain't forgave myself!

4 comments:

  1. That is better said then done. I pray that I can do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is but prayer changes things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bren I lilke this post.

    Its very true, we do forgive however we dont't forget,especially if the damage that was done does not allow us to grow and or advance.
    Maya Angelou has a quote/saying..." A person will forget what you did but a person will never forget how you made them feel"
    Is it that we have forgiven them but we can't forget how we felt at that moment.
    I believe that we can forget what happened its the fact that we cannot forget how we felt at the time of the betrayal.

    Should we forget?

    If we forget than we will not be prepared the next time someone brings us to this point.

    Just my thoughts.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Clo that is something to think about and thanks for being my inspritation to my next blog.

    ReplyDelete