Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I made it!!

So the time has come when a sense of joy has overwhelmed my heart. Today I received notifiaction regarding my graduation date for my Associates in Business. I still plan on going into the Bachelors program but keeping it real with myself it took me forever to make it here so I think I'm gonna walk cause that Bachelors could take some time as well. This hasn't been an easy road for me. I've swithched my majors and even had to switch schools due to my failing of my math course repeatedly. However, through it all I didn't give up. Pregnant and all I was there. It was after my last child I decided to take a break and then switch my major. As far as a support system I haven't had one. I have been my own support. No one volunteered to keep my daugher while I went to school. So she stayed with her friends on nights when I had class. After my baby was born I realized that no one really would watch a baby so this is where I began my online journey. Last year I received my techinical certificate in office support but I didn't stop there. $30,000.00 in student loans and I still refuse to give up. Now with four weeks remaining in my Associates class I look back at it all and say I made it. Even my own father didn't have the faith in me that I could make it neither does he even ask how is school coming along but inspite of it all I have pushed myself. You see life wasn't handed to me on a silver platter but I made it my business to never quit even when at times I doubted myself. The world lies in await for my downfall but I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news..I may fall down but I get back up again and my fight is harder with every blow. So when people tell you that you can't you tell them that you can and you will and let that be your motivation to succeed. I did and look at me now....rising business owner, single parent, motivator, and to add to my list I am now a Phoenix! (Phoenix is the term for graduates of the University of Phoenix.)

No comments:

Post a Comment