Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

How to love!

I've had my fair share of ups and downs and ins and outs when it comes to relationships but the one that hit me hardest was being in love with someone else's man. Yeah I said it! I fell hard for a man who could never be mine because for that one simple fact...he was married and no matter how much he said the words I love you I knew that love was not as strong as the love for his wife. So finally I made up in my mind that I had to let go. Cold turkey and it was hard at first but I did it. So now my guards are up. Why? Because I got attached to something that I let go that could never be mine anyways. As with any man/woman just as they walk into your life they can walk right out. My father taught me something just by watching his lifestyle from the outside. No matter how long him and his wife were apart she could always comeback home. However, now that he has found someone that he knows has his best interest at heart I'm honestly scared that he might mess it up. But why? Why do we let what's obviously bad for us come between what is good for us? My answer to that is we don't know how to love. Some of you might be saying ok she done lost me but no I haven't. How to love is to love yourself first. Don't put your heart into anyone that has the potential to hurt you. If he/she abuses you mentally, physically and emotionally then that's not love and if you stay then you honestly have no love for yourself. I finally fell in love with me and I must admit even though I may get lonely at times at least I know my heart is shielded!

4 comments:

  1. Wow deep Bren... Yeah I've been there done that but you are so right there is nothing like loving yourself. When I experienced the other woman calling me to tell me that she an the guy I was about to marry had been seeing each other the entire time we were together knocked me over big time. I struggled with holding on to him cause I didnt want to be alone or having to get out there to start over again. But after I turned the mirror on self I realized that if I did that then I didnt yet love me. Now I can say that with my family and friends giving me encouraging words I let the dead weight go. I love me now I thank you for being and inspiration to me. Keep up the good work with this blog it keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad that I could be of help Erica. Like I've said before to be 30 I'm like you ...been there done that. I have been the other woman and was the woman. I'm at a point in my life where I am actually happy. I've found someone that is actually into me but the jury is still out on him. I have my reason but my main reason is simply because I love me and I have learned that being single isn't as bad as so many people make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok i feel you Bren.
    A lot of people dont know How to Love...
    I am a firm believer that you must start with yourself and your kids, if you any.
    You CANNOT LOVE anyone else if you don't love yourself first.
    And please ladies don't get LOVE confused with SEX and the MATERIAL things a person has to offer, cause that isnt't love.

    ReplyDelete