Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blessed By The Best

Sometimes we just need a few moments of peace and quiet to reflect on our life. I was sitting here in my room alone and all of sudden my mind began to drift. I went back to about 2 and a half years ago when I lost my apartment, car, and job all within a 30 day time frame. That seemed like the lowest point of my life. I felt as though I was less than a mother and had lost all hope. I still continued to go to church and pray and pray and pray and finally things started to look up for me and my kids. I was blessed with my apartment and got a new job and my car got fixed. I've been holding on strong since then. Yes I have still had a few minor setbacks but I'm still holding on. I've lost a few friends along the way but I'm still holding on. Honestly I realize that they weren't friends just someone taking up space. My point I'm trying to make is that even when you don't see the sun shining through the clouds it's still there waiting for the clouds to move out of the way. Have faith, be strong and stay encouraged. Pay close attention to the ones you surround yourself with as those same people may be blocking your blessings. Now that I'm looking with my eyes wide open I see that I am blessed by the best. Blessed to have the true friends that I have, family that loves me, a decent job, reliable transportation, a roof over our heads and the desire to want more out of life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that was very powerful. So many of us have so much to be thankful for but instead of giving our heavenly father the praise we yet still sit around and find something to complain about. Im greatful for all of my ups and downs in life it helped me to strengthen my heart and mind to be the best mother,daughter,sister, friend that I could be. Thank you Bren for starting this inspirational blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Erica I use to be one of those complainers but through the struggle I learned complaining got me nowhere and only pushed people further away from me. No one likes to be around the party pooper or the one that's always negative so I had to break that cycle. It's so sad but I get excited over a blessing as small as $5 cause that means it $5 more than what I had. So while being thankful for the small things God has started to bless me with greater things. You said something then about the ups and downs helping to strengthen you. I think when we all look deep we find that to be so true. I think that's why I fell in love with Marvin Sapp's song "I made it"! I know I still have a lot more to learn but my past has geared me to a better present and an awesome future. Thank you for joining me and commenting on my blog. Knowing that I can make a difference in at least one person's life warms my heart and eventually there will be more!

    ReplyDelete